What should you do if you are a victim of fraud
Always be vigilant and be careful to not fall prey to any financial fraud or scams. However, if you spot any unusual activities with your account or suspect that your account has been compromised, here’s what you should do:
- Notify the Bank Immediately
Report to the Bank promptly increases your chance of recovery and prevent further losses. You can make a report by:
- Calling PBe Customer Support Helpdesk at 03-2170 8000
- Calling Cyber Fraud Security at 03-2177 3555
- Calling the contact number at the back of your credit / debit card
- Calling any PBB / PIBB branch
Report to the Police if there are any financial losses and provide the Police Report to the bank for reference.
- Change your passwords
Login to PBe and change your password immediately. Make sure the device used is clean. DO NOT change your password on an infected device.
- Deactivate your User ID via PBe
You can also deactivate your PBe User ID temporarily. This will prevent anyone from logging in to your PBe account. You can manually deactivate your account by following these steps:
- Visit www.pbebank.com and click on “Login”.
- Click on “Deactivate User ID”
- Fill in the necessary details and authorise the deactivation via PAC.
Your User ID can be reactivated again by visiting your nearest Public Bank branch.
- Stay informed
Stay informed of the latest fraud trend and best practices on online banking to protect yourself against fraudsters. Visit our online security microsite to learn more.