What is FPX?
FPX is an internet based payment gateway that allows real-time payments for online purchases or bill payments. FPX is operated by Payments Network Malaysia Sdn Bhd (PayNet).
How do I update my FPX daily limit?
Please follow the steps below:
- Select ‘Profile Maintenance’
- Select ‘Manage Profile’
- Select 'Change Limit'
- Select ‘Change FPX Transfer Limit’
- Enter your preferred FPX daily limit and click ‘Next’
- Verify the details and approve via PB SecureSign or SecureSign Token
- Please wait for the transaction status page to be displayed on PBe to ensure the transaction is successful. Once successful, you will be redirected back to the merchant's portal.
How can I identify if a seller accepts payment with FPX?
The FPX logo will be displayed at Seller/Merchant’s website or checkout page.
How much is the service fee charge for FPX via PBe?
The service fee charge levied on FPX service varies according to the types of services and merchant selected.
Can I cancel a successful FPX transaction?
No. It is not possible to cancel a successful and completed FPX transaction through the system. However, you may liaise with the seller/ merchant directly on the matter.
My account was debited but the seller/ merchant claims that it has not received the fund. What should I do?
FPX transaction status is final and the merchant must fulfill its obligations. You should contact the seller/ merchant and provide the transaction details such as the online receipt issued by FPX/merchant or the e-mail notification received from FPX that contained the following details:
• FPX Transaction ID
• Merchant Order No.
• Payment amount
• Date and time of the payment