What is Reset Password / Reactivate User ID?
This service enables existing PBe Users who have forgotten their PBe Password to reset their password and/or reactivate their User ID which was deactivated due to incorrect password.
Is Reset Password / Reactivate User ID service available on PB engage MY?
No. This service is only available via PBe.
Can I reset my PBe password if I am overseas?
Yes. You may reset your PBe Password / Reactivate your User ID as long as you are connected to the Internet. However, if you are using PAC SMS, international roaming has to be enabled in order to receive your PAC SMS.
I have forgotten my Password / My User ID has been deactivated due to multiple failed login attempts. What are the conditions to reset my PBe Password / Reactivate my PBe User ID?
To reset your password / reactivate your User ID, you must fulfil any ONE
of the following conditions:
- Have an ATM Card or PB Credit / Debit Card
- Have a Current / Savings account
- Have a Loan/Financing account or Hire Purchase account
- Have a Temporary ID and Password obtained from a branch
I have a/an ATM Card / PB Credit / Debit Card. What are the steps to reset my PBe Password?
I have a Current / Savings / Loan / Financing / Hire Purchase Account. What are the steps to reset my PBe Password?
- At PBe Login page, click on ‘Reset Password / Reactivate User ID’. You will be redirected to the Reset Password / Reactivate PBe User ID page.
- Select ‘Reset using your Account Number or ATM / Debit / Credit Card Number’.
- Enter your current PBe User ID.
- Select the Product Type and enter your Account Number.
- Current / Savings Account: Enter your Account Number
- Loan / Financing / Hire Purchase Account: Enter your Account Number and Note Number
- Enter your Identification Number and the Security Code displayed.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Reset your Password and click ‘Confirm’.
- Authenticate using PAC, SecureSign Token, or PB SecureSign.
- Your password has been reset. You may proceed to log in using your current User ID and new password.
I have obtained a Temporary ID and Password at the branch. What are the steps to reset my PBe Password?
What are the requirements for a User ID?
Your PBe User ID must meet the following criteria:
- Between 6 to 12 characters
- First and second characters must be alphabetical letters
- No spaces allowed
What are the requirements for a Password?
Your Password must meet the following criteria:
- Between 8 to 12 characters
- Contain at least one alphabetical letter
- Contain at least one number
- Contain at least one special character
- No spaces allowed
I have forgotten my PBe User ID and Password. How can I retrieve my User ID to reset my PBe Password?
You may contact PBe Customer Support at 03-2179 9999 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may request for a profile replacement at any Public Bank / Public Islamic Bank branch.
My Temporary ID is blocked. What should I do?
You have exceeded the number of attempts allowed. Please contact our PBe Customer Support at 03-2179 9999 for assistance.
I have forgotten my Temporary ID and Password. What should I do?
You need to re-apply for a new Temporary ID and Password at your account holding branch.
I cannot proceed even though I entered the correct Temporary ID. What should I do?
Your Temporary ID is only valid for 30 days. Kindly re-apply for a new Temporary ID and Password at your account holding branch.
I cannot log in to PBe or reset my password even though I have entered the correct User ID and Password.
If you have not logged in for more than six (6) months, your PBe access will be deactivated. Please contact our PBe Customer Support at 03-2179 9999 to reactivate your profile. Alternatively, you may reactivate your User ID via Reset Password / Reactivate User ID service.
If you have not logged in for more than one (1) year, your PBe access will be purged by the system. You are advised to re-apply for PBe access at any ATM or your account holding branch.
What precautions can I take to protect my password?
You may take the following steps to ensure your password remain safe at all times:
Memorize your password. For security reasons, never write them down
Do not disclose your PIN and password
Make sure no one is peeping when you are entering your password
Ensure your computer environment is secure
Always remember to perform a proper logout after making financial transactions
Please refrain from accessing PBe on public computers i.e. cyber cafes. If you must, remember to clear the computer's cache after each session. Change your password as soon as you have access to a secure computer.
Avoid storing your password in internet browsers. To prevent your browsers from storing your passwords, please de-activate the "AutoComplete" function.
Can I change my User ID?
You are only allowed to change your User ID during your first-time login.
Can I change my password?
Once you are logged on to PBe, just click on "Profile Maintenance", followed by "Manage Profile". Next, select "Change Password".
Is my password case sensitive?
Yes. Our internet banking system considers upper case and lower case to be different characters. This means if you have registered your password as "passWORD", you must login by using "passWORD"; not "password" or "PASSWORD".
Is my User ID case sensitive?
No. Your User ID is not case sensitive.
How do I create a strong password?
A strong password should include a combination of numbers, alphabets and special characters. Consider using a mix of lower and uppercase letters, e.g. A@j6q4Le31