What precautions can I take to protect my password?
You may take the following steps to ensure your password remain safe at all times:
Memorize your password. For security reasons, never write them down
Do not disclose your PIN and password
Make sure no one is peeping when you are entering your password
Ensure your computer environment is secure
Always remember to perform a proper logout after making financial transactions
Please refrain from accessing PBe on public computers i.e. cyber cafes. If you must, remember to clear the computer's cache after each session. Change your password as soon as you have access to a secure computer.
Avoid storing your password in internet browsers. To prevent your browsers from storing your passwords, please de-activate the "AutoComplete" function.
Can I change my User ID?
You are only allowed to change your User ID during your first-time login.
Can I change my password?
Once you are logged on to PBe, just click on "Profile Maintenance", followed by "Manage Profile". Next, select "Change Password".
Is my password case sensitive?
Yes. Our internet banking system considers upper case and lower case to be different characters. This means if you have registered your password as "passWORD", you must login by using "passWORD"; not "password" or "PASSWORD".
Is my User ID case sensitive?
No. Your User ID is not case sensitive.
How do I create a strong password?
A strong password should include a combination of numbers, alphabets and special characters. Consider using a mix of lower and uppercase letters, e.g. A@j6q4Le31
I have forgotten my User ID. What should I do?
Kindly contact our PBe Customer Support at 03-2179 9999 or email email@example.com for assistance.
I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset your password online by following these steps:-
- While on the PBe Login page, click ‘Forgot Password’
- Ensure you have either a PAC registered mobile phone or SecureSign Token and your Public Bank ATM Card
- Enter your details (User ID, IC number, and ATM Card number)
- Enter the security code displayed on screen and click ‘Submit’
- Enter your new password and click ‘Request for PAC Now’
- Enter your PAC number and click ‘Confirm’
- Your password has now been reset
- Please take note of the reference number for future correspondence
Alternatively, you may obtain a new password at the nearest Public Bank ATM*. Just follow the steps listed below:-
- Select Password/PIN Change
- Select PBe Password Change
- Enter temporary 6-digit PIN
- Reconfirm temporary 6-digit PIN
* Provided your current Malaysian Mobile Phone number has been registered for PAC service. Applicable for personal account only.