PB Major Illness Care
Future Proof Your Safety Net For Major Illnesses
PB Major Illness Care provides coverage for critical illnesses to ensure that you are financially protected in case of setbacks caused by critical illnesses. In addition, you are covered for conditions which are not listed in critical illnesses definitions list by meeting the relevant hospitalisation conditions.
What does PB Major Illness Care offer?
- Critical Illness Benefit
100% of sum assured shall be payable upon diagnosis of one of the 39 critical illnesses1.
- Catch All Benefit2
50% of sum assured shall be payable if the following conditions are met:
- Admission to intensive care unit of a hospital for a continuous period of at least 5 days; or
- Hospitalisation with the purpose to receive medical treatment for a continuous period of at least 15 days, where the hospitalisation must be accompanied by a surgical procedure or due to infection.
- Compassionate Benefit
10% of sum assured shall be payable upon death.
- Yearly Cash Bonus
Enjoy Yearly Cash Bonus starting from 10% of your Basic Premium Paid3 without having to pay additional premium when you purchase PB Major Illness Care and sign up as an AIA Vitality Member. The subsequent Yearly Cash Bonuses may increase, decrease or remain the same based on your AIA Vitality Status.
- Personal Medical Case Management (PMCM) Service
This plan provides the PMCM service as a value-added service up to the expiry of the plan and only applicable for plan with sum assured of RM100,000 and above. PMCM service focuses on ensuring that you receive the best possible treatment and personalised ongoing support throughout your medical journey when you are facing serious medical conditions.
Note: Once Critical Illness Benefit has been fully paid out, the policy shall be terminated. However, if the PMCM service is applicable, the policy shall continue in force for another 1 year with PMCM service while all the other benefits shall cease. The policy shall be terminated after the expiry of PMCM service.
1Except for Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatment for Coronary Artery Disease, whereby 10% of sum assured shall be payable.
2Catch All Benefit can only be claimed once and subject to maximum benefit amount of RM250,000 per life limit. Once you have made a claim, we will reduce your sum assured by the same amount paid to you.
3Basic Premium Paid refers to the amount you are required to pay and have already paid in a policy year for PB Major Illness Care, including any extra premiums you may need to pay due to higher standard medical rating.
Who is eligible to buy PB Major Illness Care?
This plan is available to individuals aged between 18 years old to 60 years old (nearest birthday). The entry age varies based on the coverage term as shown in the table below:
Entry Age (nearest birthday)
|18 years old – 60 years old
||18 years old – 50 years old
||18 years old – 40 years old
What is the sum assured for PB Major Illness Care that I can purchase?
The sum assured options available for PB Major Illness Care are RM50,000, RM100,000 and RM200,000.
What are the major exclusions for PB Major Illness Care?
- Any death arising from the occurrence of the following is not covered:
- Death due to suicide within 1 year from the Issue Date or Commencement Date, whichever is later.
- Any critical illnesses arising from the occurrence of the following is not covered:
- Any Pre-Existing Conditions;
- Cancer, Heart Attack, Coronary Artery By-Pass Surgery, Serious Coronary Artery Disease and Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatments for Coronary Artery Disease, for which the signs or symptoms first occurred within 60 days following the Issue Date or Commencement Date, whichever is later; or
- All other critical illnesses for which the signs or symptoms first occurred within 30 days following the Issue Date or Commencement Date, whichever is later.
- Any hospitalisation arising from the occurrence of the following is not covered:
- Any Pre-Existing Conditions;
- The Insured suffering symptoms of, had investigations for, or was diagnosed with illness any time before or within 60 days after the Issue Date or Commencement Date, whichever is later, except for accident; or
- Deliberate acts such as self-inflicted injuries, illnesses or attempted suicide
- Any medical condition arising from the occurrence of the following is not covered under PMCM service:
- Emergency care and or any medical conditions of urgent invasive and/or urgent surgical procedures;
- Any condition that necessitates urgent medical attention; and
- Any condition resulting from substance, drug or alcohol addiction.
The description, benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions described above have been summarised and are not exhaustive. For a detailed explanation on its benefits, terms and conditions and exclusions, please refer to the policy contract.
To find out more, call us now at toll free number 1-800-22-9999 or visit any of our branches for more information!
This plan is underwritten by AIA Bhd. licensed under the Financial Services Act 2013 and regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
Contact Details: AIA Bhd. (790895-D) Menara AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, P.O. Box 10846, 50927 Kuala Lumpur.