PB CI Care
PB CI Care
PB CI Care helps you prepare financially should the unexpected happen so that you can focus on what truly matters: your recovery.
What is PB CI Care?
PB CI Care is a comprehensive critical illness plan that provides 39 Critical Illnesses (CI) coverage up to age 80. This plan also provides additional benefits like Early Stage Cancer Benefit and a Power Reset feature where this feature resets the sum assured to the full amount, 12 months after being diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer.
This product is created exclusively for Public Bank account holders where payment can be made via credit card/debit card/Public Bank Savings account.
How can you and your family benefit from this plan?
- Critical Illness Benefit: Payable in the event the insured person is diagnosed with any one of the 39 Critical Illnesses.
- Early Stage Cancer Benefit: The insured person will receive a one-off payment valued at 30% of the sum assured if insured is diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer.
- Power Reset: This feature resets the sum assured to 100%, 12 months after being diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer.
- Easy and Simple Enrolment Process: No medical examination is required.
- Convenient Premium Payment: Auto debit from your credit card/debit card/Public Bank Savings account.
Features At A Glance
Table of Benefits
||Five affordable plans at different benefit amounts. Please refer to Table of Benefits below.
Insured – 18 years old
Insured – 60 years old
||Age 80 years old (last birthday)
||Plan 1 (RM)
||Plan 2 (RM)
||Plan 3 (RM)
||Plan 4 (RM)
||Plan 5 (RM)
|Critical Illness (CI)
(cover up to age 80)
Early Stage Cancer Benefit
(Accelerate sum assured)*
i. Carcinoma in situ
ii. Early Prostate Cancer
iii. Early Thyroid Cancer
iv. Early Bladder Cancer
v. Early Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
(cover up to age 80)
**Payable once only
|30% of sum assured
||Reset the sum assured to 100% after 12 months from the diagnosis date of Early Stage Cancer***
* If the Insured is diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer, AIA Bhd. shall pay thirty percent (30%) of the sum assured. This benefit is claimable once and the amount payable shall reduce the sum assured of the Critical Illness Benefit.
** If any one of the 39 critical illnesses occur within 12 months from the diagnosis date of Early Stage Cancer, the Critical Illness Benefit payout shall be subject to the deduction of the payout for Early Stage Cancer Benefit.
***Subject to the deduction of any payout for Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatments for Coronary Artery Disease.
What are the major exclusions for PB CI Care?
Exclusions for Critical Illness Benefit
- Any Pre-existing Conditions prior to the Issue Date or Commencement Date of this policy, whichever is later;
- Critical Illness symptoms arising within the first thirty (30) days (other than Cancer, Heart Attack, Coronary Artery By-Pass Surgery, Serious Coronary Artery Disease and Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatments for Coronary Artery Disease which are subject to sixty (60) days) after issuance or reinstatement of the policy;
- Any of the critical illnesses or covered surgeries is caused by a self-inflicted injury;
- The critical illness is diagnosed due to a congenital defect or disease, which was manifested or was diagnosed before attainment of age seventeen (17); or
- Any of the following conditions is caused directly or indirectly by AIDS or infection by any Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is not covered:
- Fulminant Viral Hepatitis
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Alzheimer's Disease /Severe Dementia
- Terminal Illness
Exclusions for Early Stage Cancer Benefit
- Pre-existing Conditions prior to the Issue Date or Commencement Date of this policy, whichever is later;
- The diagnosis of Early Stage Cancer was directly or indirectly due to an Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or infection by any Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV);
- The signs or symptoms first occurred within 60 days following the Issue Date or Commencement Date of this policy, whichever is later;
- Early Stage Cancer was diagnosed directly or indirectly due to a congenital defect or disease which has manifested or was diagnosed before the insured attains 17 years of age;
- Early Stage Cancer is caused by a self-inflicted injury;
- Early Stage Cancer resulting directly from alcohol or drug abuse; or
- Any illness other than Early Stage Cancer
The description, benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions described above have been summarised and are not exhaustive. Details of more complete terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the policy contract.
What If I Change My Mind About This Coverage?
You can call AIA Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-181-464 to cancel your policy over the phone before the policy contract is issued. Alternatively, you may cancel your coverage at any time by submitting a written notice to AIA Bhd.
**This product is specially brought to Public Bank’s customers via its insurance program with AIA Bhd. and is sold through Telemarketing only.
Sign up today and get protected. To find out more, please contact Public Bank’s toll free line at 1-800-22-9999.
English version, please click here
Bahasa Malaysia version, please click here
This plan is underwritten by AIA Bhd. licensed under the Financial Services Act 2013 and regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
AIA Bhd. (790895-D) Menara AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, P.O Box 10846, 50927 Kuala Lumpur.