PB CI Protector
PB CI Protector
Covers you against any one of the 39 critical illnesses as well as selected complications arising from diabetes.
What is PB CI Protector?
PB CI Protector provides coverage against any one of the 39 critical illnesses and diabetes-related diseases up to age 80. It comes with key features such as Critical Illness Benefit, Diabetes-related Disease Benefit and Compassionate Benefit Upon Death.
This product is created exclusively for Public Bank account holders where payment can be made via credit card/debit card/Public Bank Savings account.
How can you and your family benefit from this plan?
- Critical Illness Benefit1: 100% of the sum assured or the total premiums paid, whichever is higher, is payable if the insured is diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Diabetes-related Disease Benefit2: 50% of the sum assured is payable if the insured is diagnosed with any one of the covered diabetes-related diseases as listed in the Table of Benefits.
- Compassionate Benefit Upon Death3: A lump sum payment as shown in the Table of Benefits is payable if the insured passes away during the term of this policy.
- Easy and Simple Enrolment Process: No medical examination is required.
- Convenient Premium Payment: Auto debit from your credit card/debit card/Public Bank Savings account.
Features At A Glance
Table of Benefits
||There are three affordable plans with different benefit amounts. Please refer to Table of Benefits below.
Insured – 18 years old
Insured – 60 years old
||Up to age 80 years old (last birthday)
|Sum Assured (RM)
|Critical Illness Benefit1
||100% of the Sum Assured or Total Premiums Paid, whichever is higher
Diabetes-related Disease Benefit2
- Surgery for Type 2 Diabetic Retinopathy;
- Limb Amputation due to Type 2 Diabetic Complications; or
- Severe Diabetic Nephropathy resulting in Kidney Failure due to Type 2 Diabetic Complications.
50% of the Sum Assured
(payable once only)
|Compassionate Benefit Upon Death3 (RM)
1 For Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatments for Coronary Artery Disease, 10% of the sum assured subject to a maximum of RM 25,000 shall be payable on the first incident only. The amount payable shall reduce the Critical Illness Benefit payable upon the diagnosis of another critical illness by the same amount.
2 Diabetes-related Disease Benefit is payable once and the amount payable shall reduce the benefit payable under the Critical Illness Benefit by the same amount.
3 In the event the cash value is higher than the amount stated above, the cash value shall be payable instead.
What are the major exclusions for PB CI Protector?
Exclusions for Compassionate Benefit Upon Death:
- If the insured, whether sane or insane, commits suicide within one (1) year from the issue date or commencement date, whichever is later, AIA Bhd.’s liability shall be limited to the refund of premiums paid without interest. In the case of reinstatement, such refund of premium shall be calculated from the commencement date.
Exclusions for Critical Illness Benefit and Diabetes-related Benefit
- Any illness or surgery other than a diagnosis of or surgery for a critical illness or diabetes-related disease as defined in the policy;
- Cancer, Heart Attack, Coronary Artery By-Pass Surgery, Serious Coronary Artery Disease, Angioplasty and Other Invasive Treatments for Coronary Artery Disease and diabetes-related diseases for which the signs or symptoms first occurred within sixty (60) days following the issue date or commencement date of the policy, whichever is later;
- All other critical illnesses as defined in the policy, for which the signs or symptoms first occurred within thirty (30) days following the issue date or commencement date of the policy, whichever is later;
- Any critical illness or diabetes-related disease that arises directly or indirectly from a pre-existing condition as defined in the policy, which existed prior to the issue date or commencement date of the policy, whichever is later;
- Any critical illness where in AIA Bhd.’s opinion, was caused directly or indirectly by the existence of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or by the presence of any Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection. AIA Bhd. reserves the right to require the insured to undergo a blood test for HIV as a condition precedent to acceptance of any claim. The exception is for HIV Infection Due To Blood Transfusion as defined in the policy. For the purpose of the policy:
- The definition of AIDS shall be that used by the World Health Organization in 1987, or any subsequent revision by the World Health Organization of that definition;
- Infection shall be deemed to have occurred where blood or other relevant test(s) indicate in AIA Bhd.’s opinion either the presence of any HIV or antibodies to such a virus;
- Any critical illness or diabetes-related disease that was diagnosed due, directly or indirectly, to a congenital defect or disease which has manifested or was diagnosed before the insured attains seventeen (17) years of age;
- Any critical illness or diabetes-related disease that was caused by a self-inflicted injury;
- Any critical illness or diabetes-related disease resulting directly from alcohol or drug abuse; or
- Any critical illness or diabetes-related disease where the insured did not survive for at least thirty (30) days after the diagnosis of the said the critical illness or diabetes-related disease.
The description, benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions described above have been summarised and are not exhaustive. Details of more complete terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the policy contract.
What If I Change My Mind About This Coverage?
You can call AIA Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-181-464 to cancel your policy over the phone before the policy contract is issued. Alternatively, you may cancel your coverage at any time by submitting a written notice to AIA Bhd.
**This product is specially brought to Public Bank’s customers via its insurance program with AIA Bhd. and is sold through Telemarketing only.
Sign up today and get protected. To find out more, please contact Public Bank’s toll free line at 1-800-22-9999.
English version, please click here
Bahasa Malaysia version, please click here
This plan is underwritten by AIA Bhd. licensed under the Financial Services Act 2013 and regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
AIA Bhd. (790895-D) Menara AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, P.O Box 10846, 50927 Kuala Lumpur.