PB Cancer Guard
PB Cancer Guard relieves you from the long-term financial burden of cancer by covering you against cancer right from the start.
What is PB Cancer Guard?
PB Cancer Guard provides comprehensive cancer coverage up to age 80. It comes with key features such as Early Stage Cancer Benefit, Cancer Benefit, Gender Specific Cancer Benefit, Power Reset, Compassionate Benefit Upon Death Benefit and Maturity Benefit.
This product is created exclusively for Public Bank account holders where payment can be made via credit card/debit card/Public Bank Savings account.
How can you and your family benefit from this plan?
- Cancer Benefit: 100% of the sum assured is payable in the event the insured person is diagnosed with cancer.
- Early Stage Cancer Benefit: 30% of the sum assured is payable if the insured is diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer.
- Gender Specific Cancer Benefit: If the insured is diagnosed with a form of cancer that is specific to the gender (e.g. breast or ovarian cancer for females, testicular cancer for males), 200% of the sum assured will be payable.
- Power Reset: This feature resets the benefit payable under the Cancer Benefit and the Gender Specific Cancer Benefit to the full amount after 12 months from the diagnosis date of Early Stage Cancer.
- Compassionate Benefit Upon Death: In the event of death, the amount of Compassionate Benefit as shown in the Table of Benefits will be paid.
- Maturity Benefit: Upon maturity, 100% of the sum assured of this plan will be paid
- Easy and Simple Enrolment Process: No medical examination is required.
- Convenient Premium Payments: Auto debit from your credit card/debit card/Public Bank Savings account.
Features At A Glance
||There are four affordable plans with different benefit amounts. Please refer to Table of Benefits below.
Insured – 18 years old
Insured – 60 years old
||Up to age 80 years old (last birthday)
Table of Benefits
|Sum Assured (RM)
|Early Stage Cancer Benefit*
i. Carcinoma in situ
ii. Early Prostate Cancer
iii. Early Thyroid Cancer
iv. Early Bladder Cancer
v. Early Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
|30% of the Sum Assured (payable once only)
||Reset the benefit payable under the Cancer Benefit and the Gender Specific Cancer Benefit to the full amount, after 12 months from the diagnosis date of Early Stage Cancer
||100% of the Sum Assured or Total Premiums Paid, whichever is higher
|Gender Specific Cancer Benefit**
One or both breasts;
One or both Fallopian tubes;
One or both ovaries;
The vagina; or
One or both testes;
The penis; or
|200% of the Sum Assured or Total Premiums Paid, whichever is higher.
|Compassionate Benefit Upon Death (RM)***
|(For deaths due to non-accidental causes during the first 2 years, only total premiums paid will be refunded without interest.)
||100% of the Sum Assured
*Amount payable under Early Stage Cancer Benefit shall reduce the Cancer Benefit and Gender Specific Cancer Benefit by the same amount.
** If Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer is diagnosed within 12 months from the diagnosis date of Early Stage Cancer, the above mentioned benefit payout shall be subject to the deduction of the payout for Early Stage Cancer Benefit. If claim is made on Cancer Benefit and Gender Specific Cancer Benefit at the same time, only one claim shall be payable, whichever is the highest claim, admitted by AIA Bhd.
*** In the event the cash value is higher than the amount stated above, the cash value shall be payable instead.
What are the major exclusions for PB Cancer Guard?
Exclusions for Compassion Benefit Upon Death:
- If the insured, whether sane or insane, commits suicide within 1 year from the Issue Date or Commencement date, whichever is later, AIA Bhd.’s liability shall be limited to the refund of premiums paid without interest. In the case of reinstatement, such refund of premium shall be calculated from the Commencement date.
Exclusions for Early Stage Cancer Benefit, Cancer Benefit and Gender Specific Cancer Benefit:
- Any illness other than Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer as defined in this policy;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer for which the signs or symptoms first occurred within 60 days from the Issue Date or Commencement Date of this policy, whichever is later;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer arises directly or indirectly from a Pre-Existing Condition as defined, which existed prior to the Issue Date or Commencement Date of this policy, whichever is later;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer was diagnosed due, directly or indirectly, to a congenital defect or disease, which was manifested or was diagnosed before the Insured attains seventeen (17) years of age;
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer which was caused by a self-inflicted injury;
- The diagnosis of Cancer or Early Stage Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer was directly or indirectly due to an Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or infection by any Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV); or
- Early Stage Cancer, Cancer or Gender Specific Cancer resulting directly from alcohol or drug abuse.
The description, benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions described above have been summarised and are not exhaustive. Details of more complete terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the policy contract.
What if I change my mind about this coverage?
You can call the AIA Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-181-464 to cancel your policy over the phone before the policy contract is issued. Alternatively, you may cancel your coverage at any time by submitting a written notice to AIA Bhd.
**This product is specially brought to Public Bank’s customers via its insurance program with AIA Bhd. and is sold through Telemarketing only.
Sign up today and get protected. To find out more, please contact Public Bank’s toll free line at 1-800-22-9999.
Product Disclosure Sheet:
English version, please click here
Bahasa Malaysia version, please click here
This plan is underwritten by AIA Bhd. licensed under the Financial Services Act 2013 and regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
AIA Bhd. (790895-D) Menara AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, P.O. Box 10846, 50927 Kuala Lumpur