Gold Investment Account
What is a Gold Investment Account (GIA)?
- GIA is an account which allows individual and non-individual customers to purchase the purest available gold commodity in 99.99% fineness at daily prices in Ringgit Malaysia (RM).
- Transaction record
- Individual customers
A passbook will be provided to the account holder and every purchase/sale transaction will be recorded in the passbook. Optional monthly e-statement is available via PBebank.com (PBe) in addition to the passbook.
- Non-individual customers
Passbook is not applicable and every purchase/sale transaction will be recorded in the monthly e-statement only.
- To earn potentially higher returns from appreciation in gold price.
- Convenience of investing in gold as trading is carried out via Public Bank branches or online.
- Small difference between selling and buying prices.
- Affordable initial purchase and subsequent investment.
- Invest in gold without having to keep the gold physically.
- Gold is the best possible hedge against inflation.
- Alternative investment avenue to build up gold portfolio which is cheaper compared to investing in gold jewellery as the latter will incur additional cost on workmanship.
Click here for more information
Terms and Conditions [Bahasa Malaysia] [English] [中文]
Product Disclosure Sheet [Bahasa Malaysia] [English]